1. Osteopathy is generally considered a safe form of health service.
2. However, we need to make you are aware of the risks associated with an osteopathic consult before deciding to receive it.
3. Osteopaths are trained health-professionals. We use our best clinical judgement to limit foreseeable risk to patients from treatment and openly discuss these risks.
4. There is risk associated with the examination, treatment & management we provide. Risk is relative to your individual circumstances & your particular consult.
Common risks to treatment include, but is not limited to:
Serious risks to treatment are incredibly rare. There is a lack of evidence to conclude figures. Despite the rarity, these risks are believed to exist. Therefore, we need to make you aware of them.
Nerve root or spinal cord injury
Pneumothorax (punctured lung)
Worsening of disc herniations
Stroke & arterial dissections
Please type and electronically sign to accept terms outlined above:
* If you are under the age of 18, we may require a parent or guardian to sign on your behalf